Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Minnow Paws

WARNING: This is a brain dump caused by menopause. I'm not responsible for its content. You'll have to blame my hormones for that.

This has been a rough week (and it's only Tuesday!). I'm going through about 32 different things all at once, and I might jut go crazy. Of course there's the Aidan Leaving Home thing. At this point it looks like there is nowhere in the-place-they-don't-serve-breakfast that I can do that, that I can survive this awesome, amazing and wonderful kid NOT being a daily part of my life after 18 years.

My husband is stressed all the freaking time, and it's not fun. I love him, no worries there, but I might end up in a state hospital from this.

My health won't let me go out and do enough things to keep busy, so I have to manufacture stuff to do at home. I'm not into stamping or scrapping right now. Ditto genealogy. I am VERY into writing, so that's a good thing, but I am incredibly depressed that I can't get anyone to read my fictional blog, which is my Big Story. The novel I've been working on for the last four years (off and on), basically. And it ain't because I don't write well. I think there's some awesome stuff in there. I think it's mostly awesome stuff. But I can't even get my own husband to read it, and my mother can't because of glasses issues. (Nobody reads this blog, either, so I don't know why any of this surprises me.)

I think I have one "fan," who just happens to be writing her own fictional blog, so we kinda have to keep each other buoyed up. Except that she's got a lot of friends who read hers. I'm having a huge pity party about this tonight. And I'm writing it here because I'm frustrated and I just need somewhere to write it.

And Phil Joel is no longer one of the Newsboys. (Yeah, I know that was nearly four years ago that he quit, but some days it still really depresses me. His solo stuff is awesome, but I just think he and Peter should still be Newsboys. Technically Peter still is, but he's not on stage anymore. I say get rid of Michael Tait and put Pete and Phil back in, and it'll all be good.) I know, I'm 47 years old and I act like I'm 17 most of the time. It be what it be.

My spiritual life is lagging, and I worry that I've got mental issues. (See above paragraph.)

I cry at the drop of a hat. Buckets.

I don't want to do hormone therapy. Even bioidenticals can have health issues.

In spite of all this, I can still say God is good all the time.

Thank you, and good night.

4 comments:

Niki said...

Stacy,
Hang in there, it does get better. Or at least, the menopause part gets better, I don't know about the kid off to college part. Kyle is only 11, so I have a few years yet to get used to that idea.

I read your fictional blog just about every day. I feel like I "know" the characters, Caddie, Phil, Becks, Travis, et al. I look forward to finding out what's up in their lives.

Niki

Stacy said...

Niki, thank you for your encouragement! I'm glad you're liking the fictional blog. Aidan keeps saying, "Mom, it doesn't matter if anybody reads it, as long as you're having fun writing it!" But when you pour your life into something creative, it's tough to think no one else -- or even just a few people -- is enjoying the fruits of your labor. Anyway, I'm glad you like it. If you ever want to interact with the characters, you can leave a comment -- they're the ones who respond.
Have a great day!

Lynn said...

Hey girl...
I am following this blog and the fiction one. I miss your stamping one but understand as I go through stages too. Unfortunately, I don't get to these blogs every day but try to at least 1 a week.

Love the story, by the way.

Lynn

Stacy said...

Lynn, I appreciate your loyalty! And I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I know there's a lot to read when I post every single day, but the nice thing is, it isn't going away, so there's plenty of time to read at your leisure! Thanks for the encouragement!