Friday, December 17, 2010

Another Acceptance

Well, Aidan got an e-mail (!) from the University of Chicago today, and he has been accepted there, as well.

Notice I'm not jumping up and down and screaming happily about this one.

So, although the situation is different, we still have the same dilemma -- UT or UC?

I know what I'm pulling for.

Aidan, I think, really wants to go to the University of Chicago. I think he has it in his head it would be different from here and therefore "exotic." It does sound like they have an outstanding linguistics program, but then so does UT. Plus UT would be cheaper for us. And we'd get to see him more than once or twice a year.

What is with kids wanting to get away from home?? It's not like his home life has been horribly restrictive and unbearable. He'll get away from us soon enough, once he hits grad school. And he's dying to live in Japan, so I am in no hurry for him to gallivant off to Illinois, or anywhere else outside a 300-mile radius.

Yeah, ho ho ho, Merry Christmas.

No comments: